Monday, October 15, 2012

"the sihir of sahara, ana uhibbuka.."

The first thing that came across my mind when writing this embodiment of verbosity was I should not have stalked you. I wasted so much time analyzing you when you did not even know me. It was very ironic of me to write this long post when I never mentioned you to any of my friends even in the most casual forms of conversations. I had no idea how my whole body could gravitate towards you when I had not really known you before. It was just so weird that my whole body and soul could be snared by you when they had no real connections to you. You epitomized the kind of black magic I thought only existed in the holy books and folklores. You were the lord of the Egyptian Qasr- the most enticing sultan in the Arabian kingdoms.

You lived in that faraway desert, breathed in the same air of the old caliphs, sipped the most expensive Persian wine, and walked on steps made of gold, while undergoing your journey of luxurious life. You led a princely life you never asked for. You had the dry jokes that could naturally make girls excited and boys attracted. You had the widest and sweetest smile- the kind of smile that would make people from all types of clans worship you and the dead resuscitate. 

I loved your emo bang, I loved your strong scent of pheromone; the scent that was seductive enough to tempt this heart in the European continent. I loved how you always mentioned Cairo in our conversations. You definitely lived your life to the fullest. You knew veraciously how to be an Egyptian when the blood in you didn’t contain the genes of Africans. I loved your loose pants. I loved the fact that you gave an essential amount of space for your little biological machine. I loved the fact that you didn’t know how to fit into feminine groups. I loved your awkwardness. You were just one adorable being who had not been thoroughly explored by anyone. All players missed you in their hunting because of your fortified skills in dating. 

I expected magic from you. I knew you could be a wonderful mirage. You, being you, were a supernatural fatamorgana. In your eyes, I could spot narrow oases. From the blinks of your eyes, water sprang. Your eyes must have been the oases mentioned in Arabian classics. I could see Sinbad lying down underneath the palm trees next to your eyes, and by palm trees I meant your intensely black eyebrows. I loved your smooth skin and the eternal beauty reflected on your face. Your sharp nose strikingly, vividly, and conspicuously was in perfect harmony with the place you lived in, the land of the pharaohs, the place where they had built pyramids, the ancient sharp representation of magnificence. I loved you for being you, for never talking to me, for standing right there in those still pictures, and for being a cute boy who mixed well in the Mediterranean environment. One more thing, I truly, genuinely, sincerely, loved your dimple.

You reminded me of the epic story of the ark of Noah. You kept me afloat when I was drowning in the Red Sea, and by Red Sea I meant the sea of hormonal bloodshed and emotional turbulence. You reminded me of the imaginary childhood best friend I had never had. You reminded me of my phantasy of having a baby who would never annoy me. You represented capriciousness, spontaneity, and adventure. You had the naughtiest face I had not seen in years. I would not mind spending days and nights playing balls with you. I could be sure you knew how to handle balls, of all sizes, the small or the big, as long as you had those cute hands and legs.

I shall be your protector when you needed one; if you ever needed one. I knew you could protect yourself. I had no hesitation on that. I knew you’re a small man with a big heart. I knew you were a small guy with the cutest smile- the smile that could break all kinds of walls of hatred and jealousy. You just had to smile to kill a demon. You just had to smile to summon an angel. You just had to smile to make this arid land fertile. You just had to smile to reassure that this desert in my heart will never be forever barren. I hearted you and your giddy look. You were my boy from the desert- the heir of the tribal maliks and the caliph of my heart.

I shall call you my very own version of Zun-Nurayn. You were the light that made me see my once darkened end. You were also the light that made me see the hidden doors in this prison of loneliness. I shall also call you my very own version of Zulfiqar. Thanks for having two sharp ends that could kill both types of evil spirits, either the one that came up as a human or the one that came as a genie. You killed many genies out there, but you, never killed yourself. This was because you knew you were the good kind of genie- the kind of genie that I wish would come out of a bottle and approve more wishes than the one that Aladdin met.

You had that bling bling ring. You were not as famous as the prince of Persia but you definitely were the best prince of Alexandria. You were the son of Nile. Prophetic powers lied in you. I know your fingers were my own version of Aaron’s rod. You stopped the seven deadly plagues in my heart. I experienced exodus because of you. You saved me from a boring monogamous love story. I shall not be forever locked. I shall open up for new possibilities, like you and your miraculous beauty.

You never failed to get poisonous cacti dehydrated. You never failed to warn me to not approach desert roses. You were the rain that rarely came. You were the best drop of water- the holiest of all and the greatest for quenching thirst. You were the reason why I chose Alexandria over Beirut, Jerusalem, Riyadh, Dubai, Doha, or Basra. You were the best treasure from Qarun. His most precious hidden chest was you, the one and only 21st century caliph in my eyes. Thanks for being my eye candy. Thanks for making the impossible possible. Thanks for being beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment