Monday, October 15, 2012

aesop's fable?

The forest was frosty and earthy. Deer were belling, wolves were howling, and grasshoppers were chirping as he entered deeper and deeper into the forest. Dried leaves were everywhere, but not as much as the green ones. The Mediterranean atmosphere of the forest was well-reflected by the ubiquitous presences of dense shrubs and deciduous oaks. The soothing breeze perfectly signed that the forest was a few miles away from the famously fabled Aegean Sea. Aesop killed a ferocious mountain lion all by himself before thus he believed he had the license to be the new Nemestrinus. This time the hunt was solo. It was especially meant for his aphrodisiac, blue-eyed, oversolicited wife, Martha. She wanted some wild berries for dinner and cedar oil for fragrance. Everything in the forest, though dire, was relatively normal, until a voice echoed; loud enough to penetrate Aesop’s functionally deprived ears.<br /><br />“Hei Aesop! Hei Aesop! Hei Aesop!”

Aesop’s limbs were numbed. His mind was paralyzed and his heart tremored.

“A condor?!! A speaking condor? Oh my god,” he ejaculated in horror.

“Yes, I’m a condor, but I can speak, I can speak!” the condor answered with excitement.<br /><br />The blanket of perplexity victoriously engrossed Aesop’s mind. A myth was now a fact for him; a speaking, anthropomorphic condor stood up right before his naked eyes.

“Demon! Demon! Demon! You must be a demon!” Aesop mumbled in horror.

“No, I’m a condor, I’m a condor,I’m a condor, I’m a condor, I’m a condor,” the huge feathery bird palavered.

“I’m gravely terrified now, what do you want from me, oh demon?!”<br /><br />“I was sent by my lord for an inviolate purpose,” the condor responded.<br /><br />“Oh Lord?Lord Beelzebub? Prophet Moses??”

“Oh no, no, no, you are wrong. My lord’s name is Faunus. He knows about your recurring visits to this place. He wants to help you fix your life. If you don’t believe me, you may ask my friends Bushy Fox and Grizzly Bear. They are just behind you,” the condor suggested. 

Aesop was stultified straightaway. He looked at his back, and wallaaaa, a red fox was just a meter away; standing. Next to the fox was a brownish-yellow bear. The fox smiled to Aesop with his muzzle; very ridiculous, but true. Then the bear chortled.

“Aesop, we were all sent by our lord to you for a good purpose. We want you to get your life back,” Bushy Fox uttered.

Aesop brushed his curly hair and it was still curly. He skimmed over his nose and it was still sharp. He touched his balls and they were still miniscule. He gazed at his fingers and they were still ten. He pinched his thigh and it was still hurtful. He spit on his palm and it was still sticky. He could not believe that he was still in reality. He mustered his confidence and finally said something.

“What does your Lord want from me? What life? What purpose?”

“You have dedicated too much of your precious life to your useless wife while she does nothing at home. Don’t you feel sad or mad for that? You should my friend,” the bear stated.<br /><br />“I’m his husband. That’s what I should do”

“Oh, sacrificing your whole life?” the fox intervened.

“This is my choice. I do this by choice. Everything in my life has been done by choice. Most importantly, it’s my choice,” Aesop asserted.

“You washed her clothes before you walked here. You cooked for her after your hunts. You bought her diamonds. You satisfied her on your bed, which was your parents’ previous bed. You gave her a place to stay. You even chased your brother out from the house for her. Everything leads to her parasitism. Open up your eyes, Aesop,” the condor harmoniously articulated with his mellisonant voice.

“Don’t you think that she is little bit too demanding for you? You were the lankiest and most eligible bachelor in Villageville, but you now not much far from a stained, unpaid labor from Sparta. Open up your eyes Aesop,” the bear supported the condor with some truths from the past.

The fox did not say anything but he nodded with evident confidence. He obviously stood up at the same line as the bear and condor.

Aesop looked at each of them with wide eyes. He suddenly realized that they might be right in a way. He had been doing what Martha wanted him to do. He eloped with Martha before his father passed away, ate frogs with her when they were broke, swam into sewage for her classic dare, and had sex with her in her period just because she wanted to know how it felt. All were disgusting, but done for Martha’s happiness. Aesop was silenced for a while.

“Now you are contemplating over the right things, I know you finally will,” the condor sounded out.

“His brain was chucked out by his own ugly madam of witchery, Martha,” Bushy Fox added.

“Our friend Poisonous Python would bite her in her sleep if you want her death fast,” the Grizzly Bear proposed.

A long moment of muteness was created. Aesop could not speak a word. It was true that he had sacrificed ten years of his life for Martha; his own malevolent minx. Now he had the chance to get away from her. He was thrown into the dark coffin of confusion. Memories of him with Martha crept over his brain one by one. The evening sat as twilight rose. The sun hid in as the moon sallied out. Aesop still could not get a clear mind. He was seriously blended. Then he saw a small tree next to him; a Judas tree, which was also called the love tree in the past. Aesop finally earned the brilliance he needed. He gazed sharply at the bear and opened up his mouth.

“I love her,” Aesop blurted out. It was pungently spoken.

The nosy clique of animals could not be any nosier to know more.

“I love her and that’s why I stay with her. I don’t know about her, but I know about me. I love her and that’s what I want. I choose my heart over my head, but I know I’m happy with that. My feeling for her is not merely lust, it is love, or combined, altogether,” Aesop swanned with strict tone.

“Then we shall leave you with her forever. Lord Faunus would not be happy with this but he seems happy with Fauna, so I believe he would understand you later,” the bear said with a disappointed voice.

A moment after that, the condor hit Aesop’s back with his hefty wing. Everything was blurry afterwards. Aesop woke up in the following morning alone in the middle of the forest. He wondered on what had happened last night. He could not know for sure it was a far-fetched dream or real incident but was sure of one thing. He loved Martha; more than anything. Now he had to search back for the berries and cedar tree; with love, of course

No comments:

Post a Comment